Guest Blog Post by Joan Bell of BizCoach101
30 DAY CHALLENGE in 30 seconds 30 minutes 30 days
I designed this 30:30:30 strategy to help me stay out of overwhelm and into action and it works. It’s a no-excuses way to keep yourself accountable and on track. Try it! Here are a few ideas to get you started in a couple of areas. Remember if one area of your life is out of alignment it will absolutely affect other areas – and that goes double when your life is in alignment.
Let’s focus on Fitness, Business and Money Matters as they are the areas I have specific training and experience in and they are also the areas I get most questions around. If your health and fitness has taken a dive during winter (in the Southern Hemisphere) or is beginning to take a dive as we cool down here in Oz here are some great starters to get you motivated and back in shape.
FITNESS – In 30 seconds:
- You can waste time or you can make it work for you.
- You can do one of these exercises easily in 30 seconds.
- 10 crunches, 10 squats, 10 bicep curls, triceps 10 upright rows (you get the drift).
- Or you might choose to write out a healthy shopping list.
- Or get rid of the junk food in your cupboards.
- Or create some positive intentions for the next 30 days.
Add your own and keep them handy.
Note: If you pick bicep curls for instance insure that your next 30 second blast is to do 10 triceps – Always exercise the opposing muscle group… very important.
FITNESS/HEALTH ~ In 30 minutes:
- You can go for a power walk, a short bike ride, a swim or some other favourite exercise that will get your heart rate up.
- You might choose to do a circuit training session at home, in the office or at the gym.
- Yoga or Pilates might be more to your taste or a Zumba or dance workout.
- 30 minutes of continuous exercise is what we are aiming for.
Ask a local gym to help you design a 30 minute programme. No excuses not to exercise. You can do it anywhere believe me – I am a master at exercising in the tiniest spaces or the most ‘unlikely’ places. Get creative.
Years ago I heard someone say, “If you don’t have time for exercise now you just might have to make time to be sick in another 10 years or so”. It really stuck with me.
That wouldn’t be you of course, you’re way too smart for that!
In 30 days:
You can lose up to 5 kg or around 11 lbs. and even if you lose 2 or 3 kilos it is still a big win! That adds up to a lot of weight in 12 months.
You can design a game plan to eat healthier, exercise more often and then create and implement an eating and exercise strategy that works for you without getting stressed out about it. It’s all about designing supportive environments, asking for help when you need it and staying true to you. Again, get creative.
Bonus Tip: I always suggested to the new members of my classes to stick with it for 3 months no matter what and after that it becomes a lifestyle. Make the decision and stick with it. Brilliant!
BUSINESS Blasters ~ In 30 seconds
- You can quickly scan your emails for important versus ‘can wait’ which will save you time when you come to actually attend to them.
- You could post on FB or other Social Media or simply take a moment to breathe, relax and regenerate. Energy regeneration is good for the soul.
- You can write down your DO list for the day – that would be the 3 to 5 (max) things you want to complete ‘today’. You wouldn’t include your usual stuff in the list – that will get done anyway. These would be things such as: Write Newsletter, Send proposal to client, Set up auto-responders, Draft new article.
In 30 minutes:
- Write an article or blog post (or two). You could have an office clutter blast and clear the decks or write out your weekly plan.
- Make a list or mind-map of the people you will be contacting and make some notes on what you want to do or say in the meeting so you are fully prepared.
- Rehearse a meeting that you may be nervous about or rehearse a talk you may be giving.
- Prepare answers for any question you think people might ask you.
The idea is to keep a list handy of all the things you can do in these 30: 30:30 time slots and even use a timer to keep you focused and on track if it helps. I actually have one client who is pretty competitive and she competes against the clock and herself – works for her.
She makes it fun with colours and all manner of fab ideas and she is getting a lot of stuff done. So, do what works for you, make it fun and play the business game with a lighter mindset.
It might surprise you to find that you stress less and get a lot more done when you don’t get your knickers in a twist about things. That is actually a technical term for “don’t sweat the small stuff”.
Our last one is Money Matters ~ In 30 seconds:
- You can collect your shopping dockets and keep them in a special folder for your accountant or if you do your own accounts just categorize them and pop them in the folder. Once a week at least, pop them onto your tracking sheet.
- You can enter your daily spending onto your tracking sheet (you do have one don’t you?) If not, get onto it and watch your bank account grow by design.
- Or you can clean out your purse or wallet by getting rid of cards you no longer need or anything that doesn’t belong in there. Tidy up your notes and allow the money energy to flow. If your wallet is looking a bit worn, invest in a new one so that it reflects who you are or intend to be.
In 30 minutes:
- You can check your accounts and ensure that everything is as it should be.
- Keep a note of the amounts and enter them into your tracker.
- If you have some spare cash, deposit it into one or more of your money ‘buckets’. These are the categories you have given such as ‘Holiday fund” “New furniture” “Trip Overseas” etc. Using money ‘buckets’ helps keep you motivated and on track with all of your money matters. It’s one of the things I teach in module 5 of my Money Breakthrough Programme
- You could look at your annual or monthly Bold Money Goal and check that you are on track and if not look at what you need to do to manifest that money in the shortest possible time.
- It may be an inner game that has crept up and taken you off track. Ask for support if you need to or become aware of it, do what needs to be done and get back on track.
Inner games have the ability to take us out if we allow them to, or we can be ready for them and have the strategies available to us to see them for what they are.
I have an analogy about inner games or gremlins. They remind me of school bullies. All bluster and bluff, but when you stand up to them they disappear like a puff of smoke, or at least they fade into the woodwork.
They will always pop up when you least expect them, I handled my own by befriending and using my biggest gremlin as my greatest asset until she finally went away. Do what works for you. It’s important to ‘have your own back!’
COACHES 30 DAY CHALLENGE!
I invite you to pick one or two areas in your own life or business and create some 30 second, 30 minute, 30 days challenges for yourself. This will be a great way to help you:
- Create 1 or 2 great games worth playing
- Hold you to your word
- Give you brilliant results
It will also prove my theory that it’s the small steps taken consistently that give the biggest results over the long term.We are already into June, imagine how brilliant December will be if you do this each month, and you can you know.
First posted on www.bizcoach101.com on June 5, 2013. Re-posted with permission from Joan Bell. Thank you Joan for sharing this awesomeness!!